I'm a Mormon.

Friday, November 19, 2010

A11 COLLAR ALTERATIONS

Find pattern piece 6 and cut it out.

I used pattern piece 6 for the collar on another shirt I made with this same pattern and didn't like it. It was just too tall. I wanted something a little shorter, so with this shirt I am going to cut off some of the collar pattern. I know what you are thinking, "Isn't that against the rules. Nope, you can chop up a pattern you just have to do a little math to make sure it will match up with the body of the shirt. I will do the math for you, so don't worry about it.

You want this to be accurate, so grab a ruler and mark 1/2 an inch in from the inner edge of the collar. (Note: the inner edge of the pattern is the longer side. Look at the picture the side with the ruler layed across it.)
Move the ruler along the edge of the pattern as you continue to mark along the inner edge of the collar.
Then lets just cut if off and be rid of it. Trim along the line you have marked.
Easy Peasy. Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment