I'm a Mormon.

Monday, November 29, 2010

FINISHED


Isn't she hot? If you want to look as hot, just follow this tutorial. I know it is a long tutorial but some of my friends who haven't sewn much begged me to make it as detailed as possible. This shirt would typically take me two hours to make and the tutorial took me two months to write. I am better at sewing than writting.
This shirt was made from a pile of clothes I was just going to thrift. I love the saying, "Use it up. Wear it out. Make it do or do without." I love making something beautiful from another person's trash. All you need to make this shirt is an old shirt your husband no longer wears, as long as you have a smaller frame than him. (Curse skinny men. ;))A sewing machine and some thread and a little elastic thread and the pattern you are good to go. If you don't have a sewing machine look on craig's list. The best brand is a Bernina. Even a really old Bernina will do an amazing job.
All my sisters are begging me to make one for them for Christmas. Maybe I will. Maybe you should make some for a few women you love.

2 comments:

  1. SO AMAZING!!! How are you the most talented??!?! WOW.
    I love it. I would do this if:
    1. I wasn't terrified.
    2. I had a sewing machine.
    3. Sewing didn't terrify me.
    4. I wasn't terrified
    :)
    That is how I feel. Love you.
    (for real- maybe one day.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that it is red...not enough red shirts out there for us ladies. I would make this shirt if...
    1.You were here to help me...
    2.Really there is just the one reason above.

    PS. Made the hat...Jackson won't wear it though. I am making some for my soon to be here nephew though. He will love them.

    ReplyDelete